Social development history confirms that lack of appropriate information by the local communities on vital issues in the society and entrenched corruption in the corridors of power both have great bearing on underdevelopment evident in many countries of the world. To address the twin social development challenges in the society, the foundation is focused on implementing the following initiatives under this program:
- Enriching public knowledge on governance affairs through civic education;
- Ensuring public service accountability – at the community level – through provision of projects’ monitoring & evaluation services in the interest of public service consumers;
- Highlighting social welfare concerns and priorities of local communities through publication of community development periodicals;
- Mobilizing requisite resources to support vulnerable groups in the society;
- Providing institutional management training and other necessary social development consultancy services to CBOs & other needy organizations;
- Influencing public policy through organization of public discussion fora and issuance of policy advocacy statements on matters of public concern.