In our view, community development is progressive improvement of living standards in the society. This entails improvement in the socio-economic infrastructure, household income and human resource development. It also involves successive conservation of cultural heritage and progressive modernization of social welfare management systems to keep pace with the changing needs of the society.
Community Development: Whose Role is it?
- The common man in the village
- The local politicians
- The elite in the society
- The government of the day
- The local business fraternity
- The local community based organizations (CBOs)
- The non-governmental organizations (NGOs)
- The faith-based organizations (FBOs)
- The trade unions in the society
- The international donor community
- The financial lending institutions
- All the above mentioned groups
Community development is a collective responsibility of different stakeholders in the society right from the grassroots level upto to the international scene!