Ngala Jared Community Development Foundation
We are a multisectoral non-governmental organization (NGO) founded in Kenya, East Africa.
Our Social Welfare Philosophy
To make the world a better place to live in for the common good of humanity by tackling the multisectoral challenges in the society.
To live to the above philosophy, we focus on providing an integrated service to both rural and urban communities in the following three main areas of operation:
- Promoting implementation of sustainable community development projects;
- Enhancing public service accountability through provision of civic education and other related good governance advocacy services; and
- Facilitating provision of humanitarian services to needy social groups at the community level.
Our Community Development Vision
To facilitate development of knowledgeable and self-reliant communities around the world –
- vibrant communities capable of meeting basic needs in life on sustainable basis;
- villagers with the intellectual, financial and institutional capacity to manage their local affairs effectively; and
- well informed and assertive communities – people who can stand up against political manipulation and other forms of corruption in the corridors of power which have negative impact on social development.
Our Mission Statement
Our core constitutional mandate is – to help tackle the multisectoral challenges in the society through cost-effective mobilization, organization, utilization and management of various resources at disposal right from the grassroots level upto international scene.
The above mission statement – which is our organizational public service ideology – is anchored upon the following four fundamental beliefs:
- That the world cannot be a better place to live in unless the multisectoral challenges in the society are given a diversified approach;
- That the multisectoral challenges faced by humanity would be best addressed if various resources in the world were mobilized, organized, utilized and managed in a cost effective manner right from the grassroots upto the international level;
- That teamwork is the best strategic approach to tackling the multisectoral challenges in the society; and
- That an integrated regional development system institutionalized right from the grassroots base upto the international level is the surest way to realizing universal balanced sustainable development